I’ve had the LE model for two weeks now and have discovered I don’t love it as I thought I would. 19 mph doesn’t bother me at all. But here’s the list of issues that does. Please let me know your thoughts.
1. Surging effect is maddening. Any speed other than pedal on the floor gives a surging effect that makes me absolutely hate this thing.
2. Fit and finish is bad. There should be more bolts and nuts and less push lock rivets. Yes the plastic rivets save weight but gives a poor quality feeling as you watch the body panels jiggle around.
3. Suspension. The ride quality was great in the dealership parking lot. It’s absolutely terrible on real world rural neighborhood roads. Yes I’ve tried low tire pressure.
4. The roof is flimsy. The structure is fine, but again in an apparent effort to save weight, the roof is thin and cheap feeling.
5. The hood attachment clips and lack of hinges is a failed design.
The steering and overall seats and leg room Is great. The versatile back seat is a win. The acceleration and solid feel of the drive system is great. But this doesn’t solve the surging issue that I can’t move past. My other complaints will fade with time.
1. Surging effect is maddening. Any speed other than pedal on the floor gives a surging effect that makes me absolutely hate this thing.
2. Fit and finish is bad. There should be more bolts and nuts and less push lock rivets. Yes the plastic rivets save weight but gives a poor quality feeling as you watch the body panels jiggle around.
3. Suspension. The ride quality was great in the dealership parking lot. It’s absolutely terrible on real world rural neighborhood roads. Yes I’ve tried low tire pressure.
4. The roof is flimsy. The structure is fine, but again in an apparent effort to save weight, the roof is thin and cheap feeling.
5. The hood attachment clips and lack of hinges is a failed design.
The steering and overall seats and leg room Is great. The versatile back seat is a win. The acceleration and solid feel of the drive system is great. But this doesn’t solve the surging issue that I can’t move past. My other complaints will fade with time.